Life and Seoul

Saturday, September 02, 2006





So, we went to Daejeon Beach a couple weeks ago, and stayed in a friend's cabin. (Our friends the Pangs in Seoul, cousins of our friends the Pangs in New York).

The trip was great, except I tried to crush and drown Jack. First, I walked away from his stroller when looking for the cabin. About 15 seconds later, it somehow tipped over, dumping the poor little guy on gravel and cutting his face in two places.
I should have learned. Later, we went to a famous bathhouse in the area, and I brought Jack to the kiddie pool. I took a few steps away, turned around, and couldn't see him. The kid was in the water, face down, even though it was only about 4 inches deep. By the time I grabbed him, Jack was screaming and everyone in the bath house was staring at the white guy ...

Well, now that true confessions are over, here are a few more highlights.

This seafood dinner was amazing. All fresh clams and shellfish and actual fish on the bbq. It was about $35 for all three of us, with a couple of drinks and tax and tip.

Next is the Korean national flower, the Mugunghwa

And finally, here is a shot of the beach. It is by far the most modest beach I have ever seen. Almost everyone wore shirts and shorts into the water. Maybe three or four people (out of probably thousands on the beach) dared to wear a bikini top with the shorts. I saw one Western woman and one person wearing a bikini. Not coincidentally, they were the same person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home