Life and Seoul

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Take me out ...
Well, the North Koreans still won't cooperate with anyone and almost ALL of the TV shows here are in Korean, oddly enough. . So, hmmm, what to do ... what to do ... what to do ...
I know.

BASEBALL.

Yes, baseball, Korean style. Thundersticks for everyone. Cheerleaders, both male and female. Sparklers in the crowd. And sports teams that aren't named after their town, but rather (and what's more important than this, let's be honest), for companies. Capitalism at it's best.

So, one of the reporters here, Jee-ho, and I took in a crazy game of the Kia car company Tigers vs. the Doosan business conglomerate Bears. I'm hoping this will catch on back home. I would love to see Disney get throttled by GE ... or Gannett take a beating from Google ... or see General Mills crush Exxon.

Anyway, at this game, we were rooting for the Tigers. They were the "little" guys.

P.S. Kia won, 6-2. I think Hyundai, GM and Honda and shaking.



1 Comments:

At 12:25 AM, Blogger The Long-Distance Fan said...

If I may nitpick and edit your stuff (can you say "role reversal"?), how about "capitalism at its best"?

Sorry, couldn't help it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home